I took my family last night to see the movie Genesis: A Paradise Lost and we had a great time together. Our children were in awe of God’s power in creation as the film depicted it. There was a scene of the forming of stars and Annabeth asked me “Daddy what is that?” and I did not know for sure what it was until the narrator spoke (funny moment). Since we were not there in the beginning when God created all things, the filmmakers made a good effort in providing a possible illustration of how it happened.
The movie overall promoted the truth in the Bible (Genesis 1-2) that God created everything. It featured multiple “believing scientists” and qualified individuals who explained for us in simple terms how science and evidences recovered, support the truth that God is responsible for our existence, not the Big Bang. The movie provides logical explanations on why the Theory of Evolution (Darwinian Evolution/Theistic Evolution) and teachings of the Big Bang Theory should be rejected and not to be believed by anyone. If you are an atheist or an agnostic, I recommend this movie to you. Perhaps you are curious about a worldview you do not accept, go and see. If you have these questions, I recommend this movie to you.
- Where did we come from?
- Is Evolution True or False?
- Is Evolution observable?
- Did man and dinosaurs (dragons) live together on Earth at the same time not 65 million years apart?
- Was the Earth created in six literal 24 hour days?
- Does science support the Truth of the Bible?
- Are there any scientific evidences against Evolution?
- Are there any scientific evidences for Creation and a Creator?
- Should I believe the Bible is right?
- Does True science exclude God?
There are many other questions that are answered by this great effort. HOWEVER, when it comes to the question “What must I do to be Save?”, this movie does not give you the Truth found in the Scriptures. The science they present based on scripture is great and needful for the work of God. But the theology they presented on how to obtain Salvation comes short of the Biblical Truths. While it is important to have the physical facts, it is more vital to have the spiritual facts.
If by watching this movie you are convinced that God exists and that He created all things, I beg you to dig deeper into the Bible to know the truth on how you can be truly saved from sin. To obtain the salvation that is through Christ, the Bible teaches the following:
- One must hear the word of God
- “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17 NKJV)
- “But without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6 NKJV)
- One must believe Jesus is the Son of God
- “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”” (John 8:24 NKJV)
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16 NKJV)
- One must repent of all sins
- “Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,” (Acts 17:30 NKJV)
- “I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”” (Luke 13:5 NKJV)
- One must confess Jesus
- “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9 NKJV)
- ““Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.” (Matthew 10:32–33 NKJV)
- One must be baptized for the remission of sins.
- “He who believes and is baptized will be saved, but he who does not believe will be condemned.” (Mark 16:16 NKJV)
- “Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:38 NKJV)
- “There is also an antitype which now saves us-baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,” (1 Peter 3:21 NKJV)
- God will add you to the only church in the Bible (Rom. 16:16; Matt. 16:18).
- “praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.” (Acts 2:47 NKJV)
- “There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.” (Ephesians 4:4; 1:22–23 NKJV)
- Live a faithful life to God
- “Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.” (Revelation 2:10 NKJV)
There is no other way to obtain salvation: “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6 NKJV) Hope you enjoy the movie if you go. Always keep in mind, do your own research and be honest with the evidences. Jesus said “And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”” (John 8:32 NKJV)